All pages and patterns of this site can now be translated by using the 'Translate this Page' Gadget at the top of the right hand column of every page. Hopefully this will help many of you who are more comfortable reading in your native language. :D


All patterns are written assuming that the reader has a basic understanding of crochet and amigurumi, IE: working in rounds, sc increase and decrease, basic understanding of construction of the parts.

Tuesday, February 4, 2014

It's been a while, I know

Hey y'all!

It's been a while (nearly a year) since my last post. I've had a rough year to say the least, but hopefully things are starting to get back to more of a normalcy. Those of you on Facebook already know most of it.

On Easter Sunday of last year, both my husband and youngest daughter were rushed to the E. R. with double pneumonia. My daughter was allowed to go back home with me, but was so very sick. My husband however, was admitted to the hospital here into ICU. I was at home with our youngest, because she needed constant care. That night, he was air flighted to a larger hospital in a coma. He stayed in the coma for 12 days, (all this time my youngest was still needing care while recovering from her illness so I wasn't able to be at the hospital with him, as it was two hours away – so my oldest daughter and son in law stayed with him) Then it was six more weeks in the hospital while I stayed with him there and my daughters handled things at home - and then much rehab at home.

Just about the time that he was getting back to good health, I ended up in the ER. I was diagnosed with gall stones and sent home with advice to see a surgeon. A month later I was back in the ER, this time with acute pancreatitis and sent to the same hospital two hours away for emergency surgery. During the first surgery one of the ducts of my gall bladder that was full of stones sort of disintegrated and left a huge hole in my liver. So I was fitted with drain tubes and several days later they did more surgery to repair my liver. This was not fun.

I am however, now back on my feet, and have been working on designs more and more. I can't crochet much at one time (due to the ganglion cysts in my wrists) but I have been doing a good bit of spinning and knitting to take up the time when I can't crochet. I quite enjoy spinning and dying my wool yarns so in the future I'm sure you'll be seeing quite a bit of those yarns in projects (however, I will always use the acrylic yarn for dolls as it simply holds up best)

I cant make any guesses as to how much I will post right away, but just know I'm trying.  I do have some pictures of shawls and a few other things I've knitted  (tho many other projects of late have been gifted and I neglected to get pics).  I have a couple of crochet designs in the early stages at the moment,  so those will be a little while yet - as I attempt to get back in the groove.

It feels good to feel good again. :D





33 comments:

Retno said...

Hi.. nice to know you're back. I love your design :3

Unknown said...

I'm new around here, but I'm sorry to hear about your troubles. I also had galstones so I know how harsh the pain and health problems can get. I'm glad you're better though! I look forward to more of your GREAT designs!!

Sheltie Times said...

Welcome back. I'm so sorry that you've been through so much. I hope you and your family have a better path forward.

Belleville Bullette said...

Glad you are back. Dont push yourself please. I have to say my kudos like everyone else who have taken advantage of your patterns and knowledge. I have just started back hooking last summer making beanie hats in characters when my oldest son said my grandsons would love a Pikachu hat. I stumbled on your work and now have requests for plushies. Thank you for being so generous with your pattern making talents. May the hooking God always watch over you. From anavid hooker aka Belleville Bullette on facebook.

Tucker Mom said...

Wow that was quite a year. Glad you are getting better. I really enjoy your crochet patterns and have used many of them. Wishes for you continued recovery.

Kareen said...

Also new around here and OUCH! So glad to hear you are finally slowly going back into your routine. We had a sort of similar situation with my mom in 2011. She went for stomach surgery whose recory was supposed to last 3-4 days and she ended up 3 months at the hospital and with 4 more extra surgeries... So, I imagine how good and excited you're feeling just now. Things will flow naturally, so no need to rush ;)

By the way, love your patterns :)

claudia said...

NO SÉ SI ME ENTENDERÁS..SOY DE CHILE..siempre vi tus patrones por lo que generalmente no necesité traductor, me llamaba la atención que no escribieras, así que hoy busqué el post del 2014 y le puse traducción . Lamento todo lo que has pasado..me imagino que debe haber sido muy duro..y me alegro que las cosas vayan mejorando, te envio mucha fuerza y ánimo para que sigas con tu recuperación..un abrazo!!

Oly said...

I'm so sorry to hear that, I hope the future will be brighter. Kep faith.

Kantai said...

I'm so sorry to hear you and your family had such a tough time. I'm glad you are finally on the mend. I love your designs and it's always the first place I look if I need to make an amigurumi toy of some sort. Your instructions are brilliant to follow. I'm sending out big hugs and healing prayers from the angels for you and your family and hope you will have a better time now. Take care of yourself first. xxxx

Anonymous said...

I had no idea about the family drama. :( I am so sorry to hear about that. Hope this year brings you and your family much joy.

youngmi said...

so sorry to hear about your incredibly difficult year! i wish you and your family a happier, healthier new year and lots of pretty yarns :)

Unknown said...

It is good to have you back. I hope that the rest of your family is back on their feet as well.

Migus said...

Que feo todo lo que te ha pasado, te deseo buena salud y suerte a ti y a toda tu familia. Todos/as esperamos ver los hermosos trabajos que vendrán. Saludos desde Argentina

Rachel@oneprettything.com said...

Oh WOW! I'm so sorry to hear about your crazy difficult year but SO happy to hear you all made it through ok. I hope everyone continues to get well. Big hugs and positive thoughts!

mizzmusictheif said...

I'll be sure to keep you in my prayers!!

actiu said...

siento lo que te ha pasado y espero que pronto todo se solucione
un gran abrazo

Unknown said...

I hope u & ur family r feeling better. I messaged you on Fb. Looks like u haven't been on in a while. Best wishes tho.

Unknown said...

Hi, I'm 14 and I learned how to crochet a few months ago. I made the cyndaquil for my little brother's birthday and he LOVES it :)
It's my older brother's birthday in 5 months and I wanted to make his favourite pokemon- a mudkip. Unfortunately I can't find a pattern for it. I'm sure he'd love any pokemon I can make, but Mudkip is his favourite :)
I'm sure that you have a lot going on so I don't mind if you don't have time. I just figured that it would be better to ask rather than hope a pattern comes out in the next 5 months :)
Thanks :D

Unknown said...

Hi, I'm 14 and I learned how to crochet a few months ago. I made the cyndaquil for my little brother's birthday and he LOVES it :)
It's my older brother's birthday in 5 months and I wanted to make his favourite pokemon- a mudkip. Unfortunately I can't find a pattern for it. I'm sure he'd love any pokemon I can make, but Mudkip is his favourite :)
I'm sure that you have a lot going on so I don't mind if you don't have time. I just figured that it would be better to ask rather than hope a pattern comes out in the next 5 months :)
Thanks :D

Unknown said...

http://nanettecrochet.blogspot.com/2011/07/mudkip-pattern.html

Jas Gray said...

I will be praying for you and your family....

Whenever you get around to it, do you think you could try to make a Sylveon pattern? It's one of the Eeveelutions.

Anonymous said...

Hi. I totally have been stalking your blog for a while now. I'm sorry to hear about all of the things you had to go through this past year! I hope you feel better soon as I love seeing your designs.

Anyway, I'm passing on the Most Inspiring Blogger award to you. I hope you don't mind, but your amigurumi is what I inspire to create. >.>

Lyanne said...

Hi,
First of all, thank you for a wonderful work. I love your patterns.
I wonder if it is possible for me to translate some of your FREE patterns into Spanish and share with my blog readers? There are many spanish crocheters that can not read English descriptions. Obviously, I will link to you and your pattern and give you credit for the work!

You can see my blog in losenredosdelyanne.blogspot.com.es

Please let me know if it is okay or not.
Thanks in advance!

Unknown said...

great!!

Life is rarest thing in the world. Care and love make the life beautiful.People realize life when they need a care and look for lift and expect to stay with them through everything. We wanted to be with the people who wants care and wanted to see the happiness in their faces.

href="http://www.beaconhomecare.ie">Home Care

Urban Heart said...

I too would like to extend my well wishes to you and your family. You've DEFINITELY have been through a lot! May you all grow stronger in every way possible!

I would also like to thank you for sharing your work with us. I am a HUGE fan of your beautiful work! Your amigurumi patterns are THE BEST BY FAR!!

I would like to throw in a request-if you can EVER get to it, I'd LOVE to see Ernie & Bert!

Again, I wish you all the best of health! Take it one day at a time! Sending big hugs!

Marla said...

Just found your blog today. I want to offer encouragement to you and let you know I'll be praying for you.

You have killer designs and great, easy to follow instructions. Thank you for all you have so graciously shared.

Häkel-Kaja said...

I keep coming back to your page to see if there's something new.

I absolutely don't want to put you in a hurry. It's the other way round: I am a big fan of your work and so are many many others here. And we'll wait for you.
Most important thing of all is that you are fine. That you're feeling good.
Just take your time. We'll wait for you.

Anonymous said...

I have missed your patterns so much! I love them, and you are amazing.i. Hope you are feeling well again. I would love an arcsnine pattern more than anything!

Unknown said...

I'm glad to hear you're healthy and your family is good now. You need much time for resting and come back to crochet as you are in good conditions.

http://teflstore.com/

AprilDay said...

I hope you are doing better. It sounds like your family went through quite an ordeal.
A few years ago I did two of your pokemon designs and they turned out amazing. Now my second son is asking me to make some more. Thank you for sharing these designs. I'm an amateur crocheter, but your designs are so good I am able to make the dolls without problem.
Wishing you well.

rutho said...

oh my goodness you did have a horrible year. It's now the end of 2017 and I hope you are all recovered from all the illnesses and are all doing well. Thank you for the patterns.

sutrararta said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Romero said...

You did a great job writing such a wonderful post. I am so enjoying this fantastic post. Would you like to know how to click the fastest? CPS test with timer is an online clicking game developed to measure one’s clicking speed and known as CPS test. Here are some ways to help you click faster and increase your clicking rate, if you are interested plz visit this site..

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...